Monday, January 12, 2009

Kill... your... television!

As the song goes, I'd tried... really I'd tried. I thought it was dead. Months without TV... and I never missed it. Saving money, too.

But television is like the undead... it never stops. IT JUST KEEPS COMING!

Now... it is back... in a BIG way. A seventy inch flat screen with HD cable, an X-Box 360, Wii, PS2 (if I dig my old one out)... and cable in the bedroom, too.

Total media corruption. I'll probably never read a book again. It's horrible.

(But the Superbowl will look AWESOME!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

But with the HD conversion, there are now like 50billion PBS numbers.

If you really dislike it so much, then just shoot it in the head.

Nicole Bonomini said...

You will totally still read sometimes, cause I'll keep guilt-tripping you into coming over and my TV is still killed. Mostly.

Kat said...

Hey I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog too...

But a friend of mine TOTALLY just wrote a blog entry with the exact same title. Apparently, killing your TV is all the rage, but personally, sports in HD will win out for me every time.

Niki should invite us over to play Wii on your TV.... :-)

Anonymous said...

i haven't watched anything other than the weather on tv in almost 4 months... its not by choice, you should embrace your giant tv, love it, and watch lost on it.

Zen Rocker! said...

Anyone can comment... I figured that is what a blog is for... putting thoughts out in public for anyone and everyone.

I actually sat down to watch ESPN for a bit yesterday. It didn't last... ended up out in the cold walking the dogs after about seven minutes. No big deal. I don't feel like I missed anything.

And everyone is invited to play Wii on the TV and any other games. Such is my goal in life... to be the place where people can hang out and play games.

Anonymous said...

that used to be my roll in life. till everyone left town and my mom got all crotchety.... now its just me, in the basement, alone.

Nicole Bonomini said...

Hey, I miss those days as much as you do. So many good times had in your basement. And elsewhere in the Settle house... muahhaha.